Tuesday 13 September 2011

Mise en scene

-This image is a photo that I've taken over my weekend. It's a image of a male all alone in a dark shaded alleyway.

  • I made sure my character is paying no attention to the camera, i did this to make it look natural allowing the audience to have a view of this shaded character in a natural aspect. 
  • I made sure i took this image with a slight low angle to include the scenery above him, of the peaceful trees; yet to capture the dark shaded alleyway that lays beyond my character. 
  • I also tried give this image some sort of  meaning, my message within this photo was to show that every dark beginning has a bright end. With my camera skills I did my best to put this meaning into the image by doing what I felt was right; which was a slight low angle with a long shot. This was done to capture all aspects of the photo taken.

  • In the end of the alleyway lays a bright end, this can symbolise peace. As they say 'every dark tunnel has a bright end' so i did my best to capture this in the photo by showing the peaceful scenery above and the bright exit that lays in the end of this dark shaded alleyway
  • My character has his head down and arms crossed, this suggests he is closed; keeping all emotions kept inside, this helps the audience connect with the character my model is playing and to feel the same pain my character is feeling.
  • My character is wearing a bright red hat, this can represent many things. for example, pain;love & blood. in this situation it would suggest pain as my character is all lone and seems very hopeless in this dark unpleasant alleyway.
  • This image has many positive aspects within it e.g. capturing the meaning within the photo & the clothing my character is wearing; as i feel it reflects the atmosphere around him. Although there are also some negative things that could have been done better. E.g. I could of got a slightly closer and better angle in the image; this could have defined the detail within the photo. I could have also thought about different positions in the tunnel that my character could have been; and thought of one that could have been more affective to my audience. An example of this could be having my character face the camera with his head down in the middle of the tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment